Had myself a birthday this week. The years are definitely flying by a lot faster than they used to. There was no big party or hoopla, but it was still a special day nonetheless.
The universe always manages to offer up a little gift even when it’s not expected. The morning of my big day I stopped at my regular cafe to get my caffeine fix, just like I always do. To my surprise, the barista gave me a slice of heaven; a slice of Indonesian layer cake called, Kek Lapis. Divine! And the barista didn’t even know it was my birthday. When I arrived home in the evening, my husband surprised me with a lovely bouquet of flowers. To end the day I had a hazelnut brownie. A girl has to end her birthday with chocolate!
I have to confess that birthdays just aren’t as fun as they used to be. As we age we gain wisdom, but who are we kidding, it can be hard work getting old! Here’s a bit of birthday inspiration if you’re like me and can feel a bit sorry for yourself on your big day:
– BKS Iyengar (founder of Iyengar Yoga) practised Yoga until the age of 92.
– In the Chair Yoga class I teach, I have three students that are in their 90s.
– Practising Yoga and Meditation will help maintain our flexibility, strength, cardiovascular health and mental acuity as we age.
– Above all, never let age extinguish the fire of your inner child. – S. Ajna
– Yoga adds years to your life and life to your years. – Alan Finger
I’m hoping the next year offers health and happiness to myself, my fellow Geminis, and to all the readers out there in the blogosphere. Happy Birthday.